After surgical procedure, your stoma may be swollen. As it makes wells, your stoma will slowly get smaller in size. Owing to this change in the weeks following surgical procedure, it is significant to frequently measure your stoma to guarantee you are wearing the suitable pouch size. Your ostomy nurse can assist you arrange a measuring plan and recommend on resizing requirements.
Ostomy supplies come in lots of different sizes and types as well. When looking at an ostomy supply catalogue, you’ll make out that almost all companies present the same sizes and types of Marlen products as their competitors – the main difference between the supplies is the materials used to manufacture them.
Your surgeon will put a general ostomy supplies on you during surgery. This will possibly be the product of ostomy supplies that the clinic has a contract with. The ostomy nurse will almost certainly introduce you to this ostomy-manufacturer as well, but expectantly they’ll have some approach to what particular aspects you might prefer in an ostomy supplies and set you up with a number of extras to take home at first. Keep in your mind that your ostomy nurse will as well likely give you information as to how to get more supplies and tell you what size you need. They may still assist you get signed up with an ostomy supply producer’s new program, where the company sends you models of some of their Marlen products. As a result, if you’ve left the clinic and don’t know how to get more ostomy supplies, it is highly recommended to have a consultation with your doctor in fact.
Here are a few tips for figuring out which products might be greatest for you:
• For all time test a product on a various part of your skin before applying it around your ostomy when you have a chance. In this way, if you’re allergic to some products, you don’t have a reaction on your peristomal skin.
• Make a call to all of the different manufacturers and ask for samples, then test them out. Tell the producer you’re a new ostomate and lots of them will send you a bit starter supplies. What’s more, a lot of the manufacturers have ostomy nurses readily available that can consult you and give you recommendation for what products you might like to test.
• Discuss with your ostomy nurse any other Marlen products to use in combination with your ostomy supplies.
• Keep in mind that you can mix it up and make use of a pouching system from one producer, but a skin barrier cover from another, and a seal from a third.
• Experiment with mixtures until you discover what works for you best.
Josh Cohen is established as a reviewer for a range of digital publications, who sheds light on a range of medical equipment topics typified by Marlen products and whatever else is related. A restless traveler of Internet space and an influential blogger in anything noteworthy for the medical equipment.