Air conditioners have now become one of the basic daily comfort products in our lives especially when the summer arrives. For people living in warm and hot climate, air conditioners have become a necessity. Thus, if you are planning on buying an air conditioner, you must know that what are the different types and what features they offer. You need to know all the important details and considerations to make the right purchase.
Types of Air Conditioners
- Packaged AC: If you want to have cooling in more than one room or larger spaces, packaged air conditioners are the best option. They are mostly mounted on the roof or ground. You may find packaged air conditioners in both residential and commercial buildings.
- Split AC: This type of air conditioner is becoming very common these days. They have both indoor and outdoor units. The outdoor unit consists of condenser and a compressor and the indoor unit comprises of the cooling fan and the evaporator. Split air conditioners are commonly found in homes and offices.
- Window AC: If you are looking for an inexpensive type of air conditioner that provides amazing cooling for a single room, window air conditioners can be your best choice. They are window mounted and are the most commonly used air conditioners for smaller spaces.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Just like any other electronic machine, air conditioners also require timely maintenance to perform well. As the time passes, your air conditioners may not perform like it used to so it is very important that you take good care of your AC. Maintaining and cleaning your air conditioner from time to time will keep it running at full capacity and eventually increase its life.
You can also use service by the product’s manufacturer to maintain your air conditioner. You can buy your air conditioner from top brands like Lloyd as they also provide amazing service. By maintaining your air conditioner, you also save your energy bills to a great extent. There are some simple and easy tips that you can follow to keep your air conditioner fit.
- Keep the temperature up to 80 degrees to save energy.
- Make sure all the windows and doors are closed while your air conditioners are
- Don’t ignore cleaning your air filters every month or two at least. If you find that your air filters are too dirty, have them replaced.
- If your air conditioner is more than ten years old, it is recommended that you buy a new one. If you keep using it, it may not provide you the same cooling and also increase your energy bills.
- If your unit is producing too much noise, you need to get it checked or replaced. Also if the boiler of furnace is more than 15 years old, it is time to buy a new air conditioner.
Air Conditioners play a great role in providing us a cool and comfortable environment. If you want to get the best out of your product, make sure you take some time out and give them regular maintenance.