After undergoing the delicate hair transplant surgery, a patient should not take things for granted. Instead he/she should conform to post-surgery care for getting the best results. It will also ensure a speedy recuperation and getting back to normal life.
With Hair Transplantation in India becoming affordable, it has become a popular hair restoration method among patients. Moreover, the post-operative care is also easy in this procedure. Here are certain things you need to do after the operation.
- Patients will require squirting a sterilized water solution on the transplanted region and the stitches each 15 minutes within 12 hours of the surgery. This will keep the grafts hydrated and prevent the formation of scab. You will require using the solution spray dynamically to make sure that the entire transplanted area is covered. You may apply faucet water when the sterilized water solution is finished.
- For the initial 2-3 days, ice packs should be used to the donor area and the forehead. The ice packs should be applied for 4 times a day for 15 minutes.
- Patients need to sleep with an elevated head while sleeping on the pillows. This will prevent swelling related issues.
- Taking showers and cleaning the scalp 3 times with a mild shampoo is vital. Shampoos with ingredients like tea tree oil are beneficial. Keep in mind that normal shampooing, combing and hair care can be resumed after ten days because at that time the grafts will be decisively in place. One can opt for haircuts after ten days of the operation.
- Drink ample amount of water during this time and have a normal diet.
- It is suggested to stay away from exhausting work-outs for 4 weeks after the surgery. You must steer clear of fitness center work, swimming, cycling, tennis, golf, heavy lifting, and other exercises that require stretching. However surgeons of the clinics providing Hair Transplantation in India advice that after 4 weeks or more, patients can resume their exercise and other physical activities.
- It is advisable for the patients to stay away from powerful pills like Aspirin, Blood Thinners etc. for a minimum of 3 days after the operation.
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking is necessary to recover quickly. For 3 days a patient should avoid alcohol while he/she should stay away from smoking for 14 days after the surgery.
- Patients should put on a cap when stepping out in the strong sunshine, and after 14 days of the surgery they can use a sunscreen lotion with a high SPF to protect their head from the harmful solar rays.
Every surgical procedure requires post operation care for quick recuperation and optimal results and hair transplantation is not an exception. Follow the above-mentioned tips and instructions and see the results by yourself.